Our Trade Finance team is experienced in all aspects of Sharia’a compliant trade and commodity finance. BLME provides flexible financing for import and export of goods, inventory and receivables. We provide working capital facilities to UK and GCC businesses for amounts greater than £2 million and up to £25 million (or US Dollar equivalent). BLME provides a bespoke service offering solutions and products covering all aspects of international trade.
The structures we offer are as follows:
- Structured commodity trade finance covering metals and inventory and receivable finance.
- Issuance of letters of credit, standby letters of credit and guarantees.
- Confirmation of letters of credit, promissory notes and bills of exchange.
- Participation in syndicated transactions on a funded and unfunded basis.
Typical transactions BLME has financed in the past:
- a bi-lateral base metal financing of inventory in warehouse and the subsequent receivables
- A bi-lateral ferrous metal financing
- A Murabaha financial institution participation